Summer is officially over; but, DANG, did we make it count!
2 Vegas trips, Arizona, Hawaii, and 2 California Trips.
I recently read StrengthsFinder 2.0 and took the personality test. One of my strengths was Futuristic. No, that does not mean that I'm inventive, high tech, and from the future. It means that I've always lived for the future. Setting goals and dreaming of the future was where I found my drive. I have a constant need to feel that I am progressing forward.
I've been thinking a lot about where we where last fall compared to this year. To some, it may seem that not much has changed. It's still just Chanel and Me, I still work at the same company, Chanel is still in school and works at the same place.
Chanel got a truck and we moved apartments, but other than that, our day to day life is roughly the same. Yet, so much has happened since last fall.
We are not the same people; we've grown. Not just in our personal development, but spiritually as well. And the best part? We've grown together.
Our marriage is stronger as we've figured out how we compliment each other, what each of our strengths are, and how to work as a team.
Our dreams are becoming more consolidated. Chanel is learning more each day of what he would like to do once he's in the Air Force. I recently took a promotion as the newest addition to the company's training team and I've learned that I love presenting in front of people and teaching others. Once Chanel is done with school, I've decided I want to work on my teaching licence.
Our love for God and his gospel has been more affirmed. Our hope and faith has grown more in harmony as we've lived through some tough times and have shared with each other our thoughts and essentially our testimonies. We are both working towards the same goal: an eternal family.
And that starts now; not once we have children.
It starts by committing ourselves to be strong against the world's temptations, flashing distractions, and our own laziness. It means saying our prayers, going to church each Sunday, and living the gospel every day so that one day we may share the goodness and the happiness that it brings with our children.
Life is not perfect. It is not easy.
I fear for the future and those who will have to live amidst a society whose morals are plummeting and whose respect for another's life is deteriorating.
My only hope stems from my faith in God's plan. He has taught us how to live "after the manner of happiness". This is what brings me peace.
I am blessed to have Chanel by my side for this journey and for all eternity.
P.S. Also, I'm now 22!;)








No comments:
Post a Comment