Saturday, May 24, 2014

Endowments

Oakland, CA

This temple holds a dear place in my heart. I remember my parents rounding up all of their kids in the van and making the trip to Oakland. I remember Violet picking the prettiest white dress(which I peed in and then Violet had to choose another one) and waiting with my siblings in a nursery until a temple worker took us to join our parents in a beautiful room and be sealed as a family forever. I remember when they told me to gave in the never ending mirror and knowing my family was mine.

I couldn't explain it the experience very well then in my 5 year old vocabulary.

There really aren't any words I could write now to express every thought I had that day when I returned to take out my endowments either. It was an amazing, empowering, and humbling experience. I know my savior, Jesus Christ lives and that he is my redeemer and the only hope for this world so we can return to live with our Heavenly Father and maker. I am so grateful to a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and to be able to have had this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment